Cast Iron Kadai-Medium Combo Offer
- Traditional use of Iron and cast iron dates back many centuries.
- Traditional cooking involved use of Cow dung or wood fire for cooking and Iron provided the most effective medium to retain heat and cook food evenly .
- Traditional cast iron products are made heavy and thick to help in better cooking process as Indian Cuisine involves steady and long duration slow cooking
- The artisans of Tenkasi have mastered the art of making cast iron over last 150 years.
- The key ingredient into making the best cast iron cookware is the sand cast made of the local river sand .
- The finesse of the sand used helps in making cookware with minimal surface carbon deposition.
- Sand moulds made in shape of different cookware is first created and molten iron is poured into these moulds and cooled .
- The result is smooth surfaced, low carbon cookware with high density iron making it one of the most durable cast iron cookware
- Help to increase haemoglobin count and thereby reduces incidence of anaemia
- Iron metals last for several generations
- Food cooks evenly due to high heat emissivity
- No harmful metals or chemicals. Tested for quality.
- Wash well before first use
- This cast iron kadai is pre-seasoned with husk and gingely oil. Even then, it is worthwhile to heat the kadai, pour a few spoons of oil, cut onion, fry it all over for 10 minutes in low flame and throw the onion. If needed, repeat this process.
- Wash it and it is ready to use
- Do not soak in water for long before wash
- If it will not be used for more than a week, then apply a slight coating of oil and leave it
Write Your Own Review