Hardstone (Hand Chiseled): Morter & Pestle
Out of stock
About Zishta Hardstone (Hand Chiseled): Morter & Pestle
- Freshly ground spices fill our dishes with aroma and great flavour. For ages our ancestors have been using hard granitic stones to make the most rugged and long lasting morter & pestles for daily kitchen use.
- Zishta in collaboration with artisans located in the Nagercoil district of Tamil Nadu bring to you the famous granitic morter & pestle for your ideal kitchen.
- The region was known for centuries for the good quality granitic stones that were ideal for making hand grinders, ammikal, idikal and Aatukal which are an eternal fixtures in our grand mother's home.
- Bring home a part of our past with these special morter & pestle hand crafted by artisans from the southern tip of the country!
- Indian cuisine has long use of these morter & pestles to enhance the taste of our food cooked.
- Every household used to have a plethora of hard granitic stone based heavy machineries that help in making the batter for Idli and Dosa (Aatukal) or for crushing grains (Idikal) or to make paste and chutneys (Ammikal),
- The region is famous because of the quality of stones that were extracted many centuries for temple construction and slowly started making household crushers for kitchen purpose.
- Nagercoil region has been known for centuries as the traditional cluster which makes the most durable and long lasting crushing stones for home purpose.
- This cluster has been making the products for last 8-10 generations and still going strong.
- The process starts with quarrying good quality granitic stones located close by in the region. the stone blocks are finely worked by each artisan with a number of tools and with limited machine involvement.
- The artisans take anywhere between 45 minutes to 1 hour to make one piece.
- Indian cuisine is known for a plethora of spices being used and morter & pestle plays a significant role in bringing out the aroma and taste to our unique yet varied cuisine.
- Morter & Pestle is an all purpose accessory which is a must in every function kitchen and our ancestors had identified making it with Granitic stone to give it immense strength and life.
- Granitic stones are neutral and do not have any side effects in our body.
- Wash well before use
- Handle carefully as they are made of solid granitic stone and are extremely heavy.
- Use it to grind spices for daily use as well as making masalas for tea
- You can use regular cleaning agents to scrub the surface. Minimise use of wire scrubs to clean.
Write Your Own Review
You May Also Like