Handmade Madur Mats - Table Runners & Table Mats (Orange Colour)
Special Price ₹890.00 Regular Price ₹1,090.00
- The history of these mats goes back to the Indus Valley civilization.
- The locals proudly pointed out that the Madur mat is actually mentioned in the records of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu who lived here in the 15th century. The traditional custom of sitting on the floor has several benefits including calming of mind and better digestion of food.
- Sleeping on the floor improves the strength of the spine and thereby improving body posture.
- Madur Mats have a long history and the artisan cluster known for their skills is equally illustrious. The process of making the mats starts with months of preparation and planning.
- The riverside 5-foot tall madur kathi grass is cut, in July and in November. They dry the cut grass, then further cut it to multiple thin stripes and use hand process to weave the mats.
- The Mats are made in various stripe thickness. The finest of the fibre takes immense skill and hand work to strip fine elements of the fibre for weaving.
- It takes 2 to 3 days to create a single mat.
- Made of 100% natural fiber and colours, these mats provide authetic traditional feel to your dining experience.
- Easy to clean and maintain - much lesser visibility of stains than cloth.
- To clean it, dip the mat in soap water and then wash with plain water. Sun dry them for 30 minutes.
- Do not wash them in washing machine.
- Do not dry them for too long in the sun.
Write Your Own Review