We're sorry, an error has occurred while generating this email.
- Traditional use of Iron and cast iron dates back many centuries.
- Age old cooking used cow dung or wood fire as fuel for cooking and cast Iron provided the most effective medium to retain heat and cook food evenly .
- Authentic hand made pure iron products are made heavy and thick to help in better cooking process as Indian cuisine involves steady and long duration slow cooking.
- A variation developed by the same artisan cluster who make the traditional sengottai dosa kallu, this uses the same high quality iron for making the cookware .
- The process starts with cutting sheets and heating the plates to remove any impurities.
- Later the same is treated with charcoal heat, husk and sesame oil to provide a smooth cooking surface.
- The plates are later welded to wooden handle.
- Help to increase haemoglobin count and thereby reduces incidence of anaemia.
- Zishta Cast Iron lasts for generations and adds value to your sustainable household.
- Food cooks evenly due to high heat emissivity.
- No chemicals and hence no harmful effect.
- Wash well before first use
- This pure iron tawa is pre-seasoned with husk and gingely oil. Even then, it is worthwhile to heat the tawa till it is hot, apply oil on the surface, rub a piece of onion all over and then allow it to cool.
- Wash it and it is ready to use. Do not use wire scrubs for cleaning.
- Do not soak in water for long before wash to prevent rusting
- If the tawa is not used for long, we recommend you apply a coating of cooking oil and store it to prevent surface rusting.
Write Your Own Review