Brass Paraat & Roti Box Combo (From Jandialaguru)
|Product||Weight (Kg)||Diameter In CM||Height In CM|
DISCLAIMERAll our products are handcrafted and this results in each product being unique and slightly different from each other and therefore will have minor variations on dimensions & weight.
- These exquisite crafted Brass Paraat and Roti box are made by the traditional clusters of Punjab from the region called Jandiala Guru.
- Brass helps in retaining the softness of roti and keep them fresh and soft while storing the cooked rotis in the dabba
- The traditions followed by the community here is that for non-acidic or uncooked food items, the need for tin coating(Kalai) is minimal and the same can be used without the tin coating.
- The combo set comes without the Tin coating and based on discussion with few expert artisans and grandmother's they have been deemed safe for use.
- The Thatheras near Amritsar are known for their traditional brass and copper craft of utensil making. This craft has been included in the UNSECO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
- From 400 families who used to practice this craft, the number has dwindled to a meagre 15
- Cooking in Brass has been part of our culture since time immemorial. Brass is known to preserve the anti-oxidants of food cooked in them.
- Brass also helps in preserving more than 90% of nutrition of food cooked in them. Brass also retains heat and keep food warm for a couple of hours.
- Note: Brass is generally used with tin coating in the cooking process. As per the traditional knowledge gathered from this community, for these particular application for dough making and roti storage, the same can be used without tin coating.