Brass Biriyani Handi (Paanai-Pot)
|Size||Diameter In CM||Capacity (Ltrs)|
|Small||15 - 15.5||2-2.5|
DISCLAIMERAll our products are handcrafted and this results in each product being unique and slightly different from each other and therefore will have minor variations on dimensions & weight.
- The Handi is a traditional pot-shaped utensil used for slow cooking for many centuries.
- Food cooked in a handi have a unique flavour and aroma.
- Kichdi, Biryani, Rice, Pulao, Pongal as well as all types of gravies are cooked in Handi (Biryani Pot).
- Our journey to rejuvenate crafts of India took us to a village near Amritsar.
- The thatheras near Amritsar are known for their traditional brass and copper craft of utensil making. This craft has been included in the UNSECO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
- From 400 families who used to practice this craft, the number has dwindled to a meagre 15.
- Cooking in Brass has been part of our culture since time immemorial. Brass is known to preserve the anti-oxidants of food cooked in them.
- Brass also helps in preserving more than 90% of nutrition of food cooked in them. Brass also retains heat and keep food warm for a couple of hours.