Brass Idli Pathram- Cooker-Steamer (Natural , Antique Finish)
Save up to 9% Save %
MRP. Rs. 6,750
Original price MRP. Rs. 7,425 - Original price Onwards
Original price MRP. Rs. 7,425
Rs. 6,750 Onwards
Current price MRP. Rs. 6,750
|Variation||Weight (Kg)||Idli Pit Size In CM||Diameter In CM||Pits Per Plate||Height In CM|
7 Idli Pits
|2.8-3.1||8.9||25.4||4+3||26.7 (with Lid)|
9 Idli Pits
|3.5-3.8||8.9||27.9||5+4||31.8 (With Lid)|
12 Idli Pits
|4.2-4.6||8.9||33||7+5||36.8 (With Lid)|
DISCLAIMERAll our products are handcrafted and this results in each product being unique and slightly different from each other and therefore will have minor variations on dimensions & weight.
- This natural un-polished antique version is completely natural with no polish. Generally post the tin lining process, the copper metal shines out and its re-polished to get the brass shine.
- This natural variation is for those who believe in looking for an antique finish to this traditional idli cooker!
- Soft, fluffy, light Idlis is a dream breakfast for many South Indian homes where generally the softness is compared to the Jasmine flowers.
- Following the history of making the best and fluffy Idlis, we travelled to the interiors of Tamil Nadu in search of the most appropriate traditional cookware for the same.
- Our research in search of traditional idli cooker took us to the traditional brass Idli makers of rural Tamil Nadu, a hidden gem which took us three long years to find.
- This amazing cluster re-crafts and infuses new lease of life into these old Brass Idli steamers made using the best quality brass.
- Brass is the metal with critical weight to size ratio that builds the right amount of steam pressure to make amazing soft idlis in exactly 10 minutes.
- The holes in the idli plates also enable steam to pass through the batter effectively thereby cooking it all the way through at shortest possible time.
- Idli plates and inside of the vessel is tin coated which would need refurbishing every couple of years depending on usage.
- These brass idli steamers Available in three sizes of 7 Idli Pits, 9 Idli Pits, 12 Idli Pits (Check specifications in table below)
- Note: The traditional work involves only hammering of the outer vessels and the edges might be sharp along the edges. This is minimally worked to smoothen as it could impact the lid closure. This is a natural imperfection which may be present in the idli vessel.