Traditional Copper Modak Patra - Steamer Vessel
|Weight (Kg)||Height in CM||Diameter in CM|
24.3 (Incliding lid)
12.7 (Without Lid)
2.5 (Plate Height)
DISCLAIMERAll our products are handcrafted and this results in each product being unique and slightly different from each other and therefore will have minor variations on dimensions & weight.
- Modak Patra or steamer vessel is a traditional cooking vessel, made in earlier days to make modak, aluwadi, patode etc.
- It is a versatile multipurpose steamer made of Copper and tinned (kalai) on the inside.
- The steamer vessel can be used for making various dishes like modak / kozhukattai, momos, ela ada, patra / patrode, steaming vegetables, corn, ammini kozhukattai, upma kozhukattai and many many other dishes.
- Modak patra or the steamer vessel consists of three parts: the base vessel for boiling water, a steaming plate for placing the cuisines that needs to be steamed / cooked and a dome shaped lid to make circular motion to steam.
- The modak patra is made predominantly by Coppersmiths of Maharashtra.