Brass Coffee Filter-Large
- Traditionally handmade brass coffee products were made in a village near Kumbakonam in Tamilnadu. We met every artisan in the village and were extremely pained to know that these brass coffee products are no longer made there due to high labour cost and the machine made ones are sourced by them now from Uttar Pradesh.
- Zishta Brass coffee filter is handmade with the highest quality brass by the artisans of Maharashtra whose history dates back to the times of Shivaji Maharaj.
- The Tambat makers of Maharashtra have unique skills honed over centuries to work with Copper and brass metals
- The process starts with making of a mould and making the rough product and processing the same. This process is a crafts secret which is shared only within the Tambat community
- The rough products are hand worked for 3-4 hours with a finely balanced hand hammer beat on the surface to provide the unique craftsmen signature.
- The alkaline content of brass cuts out acidity of the coffee and enhances the flavour as well as aroma
- No harmful metals or chemicals. Tested for quality.
- Use tamarind or lemon while washing to get back the shine. Refrain from using steel wired scrubs
Write Your Own Review
You may also like