Sangu Chakram - Traditional Brass Kattai Vilakku
(Incl. of all taxes)
- Brass usage dates back to thousands of years and have been an integral part of many households till recent years.
- Brass is made in different forms from storage to making lamps. Brass is still considered most ideal metal for making traditional lamps across the country.
- Agama Shastra Scriptures have documented the usage of brass for making brass lamps and specific size and shape proportions are established for artisans to follow.
- The artisans of Nachiar Kovil, Tamil Nadu have a long history dating back hundreds of years. Their craftsmanship is well known that patrons from across India come here to purchase the lamps .
- The artisans strictly follow the Agama Shashtra, principles laid out with design, methods and shapes for different occasions.
- The size and weight proportions are done to exact measure to provide the right benefit to users. The traditional brass lamps consists of the base, stem and the top structure and each part is casted and crafted separately and then screwed together.
- The process starts with sand cast moulding and then working on each part by the artisan to create the final shape.
- The Nagas work is done at the end by a single artisan keeping a design in mind and using a very fine chisel works the design completely by hand
- Brass is a durable metal and can be used for a very long period of time or even get passed on from one generation to another.
- Lighting lamps has significance in improving the quality of life in our homes.
- Oil lamps provide the right kelvin of light temperature that is soothing to eyes and makes your mind more calm.
- Zishta range of Traditional lamps are made of pure brass and oxidisation will lead to dullness of colouring over period of time .
- Do scrub surface with tamarind or ash or combination of both to bring back shine. Traditional lamps are heavy and have to be handled carefully .
- Place them on solid flat surface to prevent them from toppling
Write Your Own Review
You may also like