Brass Storage Drums (With Tin Coating)
Your Price: ₹4,950.00
(Incl. of all taxes)
- Brass has a strong traditional value across India in terms of usage for cooking and storing purpose.
- The tin lining process is done by heating the brass metal in a furnace and liquid tin applied and allowed to cool down.
- This model depcits the good old storage containers which were made to large sizes for large families.
- The artisan cluster based in rural Tamil Nadu has a history of working on old traditional brass cookware , recrafting it for new users for the last 7-8 generations.
- Their history dates back a few generations where they mastered the art of working with brass and have made traditionally designed products for ages
- Brass being an alloy of Copper and Zinc have strong anti-oxidant properties and prevents growth of bacteria/virus.
- Tin coating process is age old as use of brass in kitchen. This process is critical to protect any acidic items reaction with brass metal.
- Wash well before use.
- Brass has tendency to oxidise. Scrub outer surface with lime or tamarind to get back shine.
- The containers have tin coating as brass is not ideal for coming in contact with acidic items. The tin coating wares off with usage and needs refurbishing.
- Use mild detergents for cleaning and do not use wire scrubs.
- Use tamarind, lime or vinegar for cleaning the brass vessel once in a while to get back shine.
Write Your Own Review
You may also like