Combo Brass Traditional Ghee Storage Containers with TBOF Gir Cow Ghee
- Traditionally Ghee is preserved in brass pots which increases their shelf life and retains freshness for a much longer duration.
- Brass is known to retain anti-oxidant properties due to the presence of Zinc.
- The container has a traditional shape and resembles the pot over pot design, where in olden days the pots containing ghee and curds are hung one over the other in a rope saddle called Uri.
- A 1000 year old brass craft from a rural community in Rayalseema region of Andhra Pradesh known for creating masterpieces with brass with high durability and creativity.
- Their ancestors created the most amazing brass sculptures in temples carving beautiful images of Garuda, Nandi and many more Gods and Goddesses.
- The artisans follow the learning transferred verbally over generations and create brass through a unique process of heating and molding that helps them to replicate attractive designs and shapes.
- Ghee is known to Indians for over 6000+ years and is traced back to Vedic scriptures. Ayurveda considers pure ghee as having immense medical benefits and as a nutrient.
- Traditionally Ghee is preserved in brass pots which increases their shelf life and retains freshness for a longer duration.
- Brass will oxidise over long duration exposure. This is relatively slower than copper.
- Use tamarind or lemon while washing to get back the shine.
- The inner surface is given a tin coating for protection and re-tinning has to be done every 2-3 years.
- Refrain from using steel wired scrubs as it can erode the tin lining faster.
- When the inner brass metal is visible, please remember to give it for re-tinning process.
Write Your Own Review
You may also like