Zishta Hand Crafted Brass Floating Peepal Leaf shaped Diyas
Your Price: ₹890.00 - ₹1,250.00
(Incl. of all taxes)
Hand Crafted Brass Floating Peepal Leaf shaped Diyas
- Peetal usage dates back to thousands of years and have been an integral part of many households till recent years. Peetal is made in different forms from storage to making lamps.
- Brass is still considered most ideal metal for making traditional lamps across the country. Scriptures have documented the usage of Peetal for making brass lamps and specific size and shape proportions are established for artisans to follow.
- The artisan cluster located in Orissa has a rich tradition dating back to the days when Puri Jagannath temple was enshrined.
- The process of making starts with making metal ingots with 70% copper and 30% Zinc mixture. The ingot are then repeatedly heated and beaten by a group of artisans to specific shapes .
- The finer finishing are done using lighter hammers and then a coating of salt and clay applied to firm up the metal .
- Once cooled, the Peetal ware is worked with fine hammers and lathe work to give the shine and finish. It takes 2-3 hours to make one set of Diyas .
- This highly skilled craft takes years of training and working in extreme temperatures. The artisans generally start work early in the morning around 3 AM and finish before noon as it becomes impossible to work in extreme heat beyond that!
- Brass is a durable metal and can be used for a very long period of time or even get passed on from one generation to another.
- Lighting lamps has significance in improving the quality of life in our homes. Oil lamps provide the right kelvin of light temperature that is soothing to eyes and makes your mind more calm.
- Brass Peepal Diyas are made of pure brass. The metal looses its shine over repeated usage. Scrub surface with lime or tamarind with ash to retain or revive the shine.
- The Diyas are finely crafted artwork and needs to be handled with care Do not use extreme pressure or force as it could deform the diyas
Write Your Own Review
You may also like