Hand-crafted Wooden Morter & Pestle
- Indian cuisine has long use of these morter & pestles to enhance the taste of our food cooked.
- Every household used to have a plethora of grining equipments: heavy machineries that help in making the batter for Idli and Dosa (Aatukal) or for crushing grains (Idikal) or to make paste and chutneys (Ammikal),
- The region is famous because of the quality of wood products that were extracted many centuries for household use.
- The acacia wood and palm wood products are made by the same cluster of artisans who make the amazing neem wood products.
- These products are made with same level of artistry and craftmanship as their neem wood cousins.
- Handcrafted with fine chisel and hammer, the Morter & Pestles are meticulously carved out of a single piece of wood.
- They are naturally treated for durable usage.
- Indian cuisine is known for a plethora of spices being used and morter & pestle plays a significant role in bringing out the aroma and taste to our unique yet varied cuisine.
- Morter & Pestle is an all purpose accessory which is a must in every function kitchen and with passage of time different materials are being used to make the morter & Pestle.
- Wooden ones are best used for wet spices especially garlic, ginger to prevent stone particles from mixing along with the spices.
- Wash well before use.
- Do not soak in water for long durations
- These are small sized morter & pestle and are useful for coarse grinding masals, masalas for chai. For major spice grinding we would recommend either the soapstone ones or Granite ones.
- You can use regular cleaning agents to scrub the surface. Minimise use of wire scrubs to clean.
Write Your Own Review
You may also like