Large Cast Iron Combo: Iron Dosa Tawa, Cast Iron Kadai with Tadka Ladle
Your Price: ₹3,000.00
(Incl. of all taxes)Your Price: ₹3,470.00
(Incl. of all taxes)
- Traditional use of Iron and cast iron dates back many centuries.
- Traditional cooking involved use of Cow dung or wood fire for cooking and Iron provided the most effective medium to retain heat and cook food evenly.
- Traditional cast iron and pure iron products are made heavy and thick to help in better cooking process as Indian Cuisine involves steady and long duration slow cooking
- The artisans of Tenkasi have mastered the art of making cast iron over last 150 years.
- The key ingredient into making the best cast iron cookware is the sand cast made of the local river sand.
- The finesse of the sand used helps in making cookware with minimal surface carbon deposition.
- Sand moulds made in shape of different cookware is first created and molten iron is poured into these moulds and cooled.
- The result is smooth surfaced, low carbon cookware with high density iron making it one of the most durable cast iron cookware
- A Variation of the traditional sengottai dosa kallu, this uses the same high quality iron for making the cookware.
- The process starts with beating and heating sheets of iron to remove all impurities.
- Later the same is cut to smooth surfaces and treated with charcoal heat, husk and sesame oil to provide a smooth cooking Surface.
- Help to increase haemoglobin count and thereby reduces incidence of anaemia
- Iron metals last for several generations
- Food cooks evenly due to high heat emissivity
- No harmful metals or chemicals. Tested for quality.
- Wash well before first use
- This cast iron kadai is pre-seasoned with husk and gingely oil. Even then, it is worthwhile to heat the kadai, pour a few spoons of oil, cut onion, fry it all over for 10 minutes in low flame and throw the onion. If needed, repeat this process.
- Wash it and it is ready to use
- Do not soak in water for long before wash
- If it will not be used for more than a week, then apply a slight coating of oil and leave it
- This pure iron tawa is pre-seasoned with husk and gingely oil. Even then, it is worthwhile to heat the tawa till it is hot, apply oil on the surface, rub a piece of onion all over and then allow it to cool.
Write Your Own Review
You may also like