Reha Spoon & Fork Cutlery Set
Reha Spoons & Forks
- The Lohar community in the clusters of Reha and Anjar in Kutch region have been making swords and knives for king.
- The cluster today has around 22-25 families making knives, swords &modern day cutlery in traditional way.
- Their craft is over 900 years old. It is also known as chari. Some of the ancestors of the artisans have been sword smiths.
- Reha is one of the last few villages left where knife & cutlery set is made completely by hand. The process involves sand casting, forging & hammering and polishing & buffing to get the final finishing.
- The handle of the cutlery is a craft called lac-turned-wood from Nirona, Kutch. The colours used are natural & the design is obtained using a simple self-made lathe, made of wood and a string operated by hand.
- Zishta kitchen cutlery set from Reha, Kutch are useful for use every day as well as on special occasions.
- Wash using regular cleaning agents.
- Avoid using wire scrubs.
- Wipe the Lacquer wood secition of the cutlery of water post wash and keep it dry.
Write Your Own Review
You may also like