- The Lohar community in the clusters of Reha and Anjar in Kutch region have been making swords and knives for kings.
- Their craft is over 900 years old. It is also known as chari. Some of the ancestors of the artisans have been swordsmiths.
- The cluster today has around 22-25 families making knives, swords & modern day cutleries in traditional way.
- Reha is one of the last few villages left where knife is made completely by hand. The process involves sand casting of the knife, forging & hammering and polishing & buffing to get the final finishing.
- Finesh quality steel is hand-crafted by this cluster who introduced knives into our kitchen!
- Zishta kitchen knife from Reha, Kutch are useful for everyday use in the kitchen for cutting, mincing & dicing of vegetables, fruits, meat etc.
- Use chopping board for longer life of the knife.
- Avoid using it on glass or ceramic top.
- Keep it away from children.
- Do not use your hand to test the hardness of the blade.
- Super sharp. The handle is just the right size, enjoying cutting vegetables. My daughter is enjoying using the knife.
Write Your Own Review
You may also like