Roti Combo: Pure Iron Roti Tawa , Rolling Pin and Neem Roti Ladle
Special Price ₹1,400.00 Regular Price ₹1,660.00
- Traditional use of Iron and cast iron dates back many centuries.
- Age old cooking used cow dung or wood fire as fuel for cooking and cast Iron provided the most effective medium to retain heat and cook food evenly .
- Authentic hand made pure iron products are made heavy and thick to help in better cooking process as Indian cuisine involves steady and long duration slow cooking.
- Neem wood based kitchen accessories were later used because of its immense medicinal and anti-bacteria properties.
- The name Wadha means “one who works with wood”. Traditionally a nomadic community, they are now settled in villages of Kutch for the last few generations.
- A variation developed by the same artisan cluster who make the traditional sengottai dosa kallu, this uses the same high quality iron for making the cookware .
- The process starts with cutting sheets and heating the plates to remove any impurities.
- Later the same is treated with charcoal heat, husk and sesame oil to provide a smooth cooking surface.
- The plates are later welded to wooden handle.
- The Rolling pin: Colours are obtained through natural ways. Some examples are: brown is from the natural lac colour, black by burning thor-ka-ped, lemon yellow from haldi, blue from neem leaf & castor oil, maroon from natural stone found in the forest etc.
- The artisans of West Bengal are known for generations in making the most exquisite products using neem wood. The process takes weeks of seasoning and natural treatment of the neem wood. The process helps in strengthening, compacting the wood and prevents it from leeching the bitterness into the food.
- Help to increase haemoglobin count and thereby reduces incidence of anaemia.
- Zishta Cast Iron lasts for generations and adds value to your sustainable household.
- Food cooks evenly due to high heat emissivity.
- No chemicals and hence no harmful effect.
- Wash well before first use
- This pure iron tawa is pre-seasoned with husk and gingely oil. Even then, it is worthwhile to heat the tawa till it is hot, apply oil on the surface, rub a piece of onion all over and then allow it to cool.
- Wash it and it is ready to use. Do not use wire scrubs for cleaning.
- Do not soak in water for long before wash to prevent rusting
- If the tawa is not used for long, we recommend you apply a coating of cooking oil and store it to prevent surface rusting.
- The Rolling pin colour is with natural colours and they will dull with usage. Applying some cooking oil helps in retaining the colour.
- Do not soak the rolling pin and neem wood ladles for too long in water. Wipe them of excess water after wash.
Write Your Own Review