- Traditional use of Iron and cast iron dates back many centuries.
- Age old cooking used cow dung or wood fire as fuel for cooking and cast Iron provided the most effective medium to retain heat and cook food evenly.
- Authentic hand made cast iron products are made heavy and thick to help in better cooking process as Indian cuisine involves steady and long duration slow cooking.
- The artisans of Tenkasi have mastered the art of making iron cookware over last 150 years. It is made out of pure iron sheet. In order to maintain the thickness and uniformity, the process starts with beating and heating sheets of iron to remove all impurities and later the same is cut to shape and treated with charcoal heat, husk and sesame oil to provide a smooth cooking surface. The long handle is finally welded to the cup.
- The result is smooth surfaced, low carbon cookware with high density iron making it one of the most durable iron cookware
- Help to increase haemoglobin count and thereby reduces incidence of anaemia
- Iron metals last for several generations
- Food cooks evenly due to high heat emissivity
- No harmful metals or chemicals. Tested for quality.
- Wash well before first use
- Use regular dish wash liquid or soap for wash
- If the cookware is not used for long, we recommend that you apply a coating of cooking oil and store it to prevent surface rusting.
- Recently bought this tadka ladle. Iron quality is good. It’s very heavy but there is a welded joint between the handle and the actual tadka pan which was very unusual and not expected. It should be the single unit without any joint. Little overpriced for the quality and design of the product.
Write Your Own Review