- Traditional use of Iron and cast iron dates back many centuries.
- Age old cooking used cow dung or wood fire as fuel for cooking and cast Iron provided the most effective medium to retain heat and cook food evenly .
- Authentic hand made pure iron products are made heavy and thick to help in better cooking process as Indian cuisine involves steady and long duration slow cooking.
- A variation developed by the same artisan cluster who make the traditional sengottai dosa kallu, this uses the same high quality iron for making the cookware .
- The process starts with cutting sheets and heating the plates to remove any impurities.
- Later the same is treated with charcoal heat, husk and sesame oil to provide a smooth cooking surface.
- The plates are later welded to wooden handle.
- Help to increase haemoglobin count and thereby reduces incidence of anaemia.
- Zishta Cast Iron lasts for generations and adds value to your sustainable household.
- Food cooks evenly due to high heat emissivity.
- No chemicals and hence no harmful effect.
- Wash well before first use
- This pure iron tawa is pre-seasoned with husk and gingely oil. Even then, it is worthwhile to heat the tawa till it is hot, apply oil on the surface, rub a piece of onion all over and then allow it to cool.
- Wash it and it is ready to use. Do not use wire scrubs for cleaning.
- Do not soak in water for long before wash to prevent rusting
- If the tawa is not used for long, we recommend you apply a coating of cooking oil and store it to prevent surface rusting.
- It looks premium and it has a thick base and perfect weight balance, this is the best Tawa I've ever used.
- Brought this recently and found the quality to be good. Previously was using non stick tawa, but decided to change to pure iron and do not repent. Zishta products are excellent. Planning to buy many more of their products.
Write Your Own Review