Cast Iron Skillet
Out of stock
About Zishta Cast Iron Skillet
- Stir fry, sear meat, scrambled eggs to sautéing vegetables- Cast Iron Skillet is a versatile cookware that makes every cooking enjoyable.
- Though a western invention, skillet has become a popular cookware cutting across cultures and cuisine and Zishta is launching this with a traditional twist.
- Zishta pre-seasoned cast iron skillet is made by the traditional artisans of Tamil Nadu, using the traditional sand moulds from the local river sand, known for it's speciality of fine sand as it is in a high flow region of the river. Pure railway grade iron is used in the casting process.
- The thickness & quality of Zishta cast iron skillet gives it longer life, higher iron density, retains heat longer and consumes less oil. Your curries tastier now and no more harmful chemicals in your kitchen.
- Zishta cast iron cookware are tested in NABL accredited laboratory and comply with EU standards for Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS).
- Traditional use of Iron and cast iron dates back many centuries.
- Age old cooking used cow dung or wood fire as fuel for cooking and cast Iron provided the most effective medium to retain heat and cook food evenly.
- Authentic hand made cast iron products are made heavy and thick to help in better cooking process as Indian cuisine involves steady and long duration slow cooking.
- The artisans of Tenkasi have mastered the art of making cast iron over last 150 years.
- The key ingredient into making the best cast iron cookware is the sand cast made of the local river sand.
- The finesse of the sand used helps in making cookware with minimal surface carbon deposition.
- Sand moulds made in shape of different cookware is first created and molten iron is poured into these moulds and cooled.
- The result is smooth surfaced, low carbon cookware with high density iron making it one of the most durable cast iron cookware.
- Help to increase haemoglobin count and thereby reduces incidence of anaemia.
- Zishta Cast Iron lasts for generations and adds value to your sustainable household.
- Food cooks evenly due to high heat emissivity.
- No harmful metals or chemicals. Tested for quality.
- Wash well before first use.
- Zishta cast iron skillet is pre-seasoned with husk, heat and gingely oil. Even then, it is worthwhile to heat the skillet, pour a few spoons of oil, cut onion, fry it all over for 10 minutes in low flame and throw the onion away. If needed, repeat this process to remove the excess surface carbon.
- Wash it and it is ready to use.
- Do not soak in water for long before wash.You can use wire scrubs for cleaning.
- If the skillet is not used for long, we recommend that you apply a coating of cooking oil and store it to prevent surface rusting.
Write Your Own Review