Kansa/Bronze Ice Cream Bowls (Set of 2)
(Incl. of all taxes)
- Kansara is the name of a community in Western India, mainly in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
- Kansara are experts in metallurgy and in making hand-made utensils. They mention about reference of Kansara work in Ramayana. It is believed locally that the art of making utensils by Kansara as well as ornaments existed since Tretayuga.
- Kansa has traditionally been used to serve food and water due to its alkaline property and ability to neutralise acidity of food /liquid stored in them.
- The traditional Kansara Cluster of Gujarat is age old and have uniquely created an identity for themselves in making some exquisite design.
- They are the foremost artisan cluster who have also explored and innovated the use of Kansa for different home and kitchen products
- The Traditional makers follow both the casting model as well as ingot based hand beaten process to make these exquisite Kansa products.
- The shape to which these bowls are made us univesally used for serving Ice - Cream. The same can also be used for serving other India desserts as well.
- "Kansyam Buddhivardhakam" mentioned in Ayurveda Prakasha, Written by Shrimad Madhava Upadhyaya in circa 16th-17th century AD.
- It refers to the belief that Kansa sharpens intellect and calms our minds. Not only that, but it is also a metal which boosts energy as well
- The alkaline property enables neutralising of acidity of fluids stored in them and also removes free radicals which are the main component enabling cancerous cell growth.
- Scrub it with tamarind /lime to get shine back
- Regular wash with soap and sponge is perfectly fine.
Write Your Own Review
You may also like