Soapstone Kitchen Storage Containers (Curd Setter/Spice Storage)
Soapstone Kitchen Containers (Maakal)
- The distinct taste and flavour of curd comes from setting it in traditional soapstone vessel: Kalchatti. One more age old traditional vessel passed on for several generations.
- Kalchatti is made of stone (soap stone) from the earth and is designed to retain heat. The natural minerals are imparted and thereby providing the right supplements and nutrition.
- We bring this back from last generation of artisans toiling 16 hours a day to make the best Kalchattis.
- This starts from extracting the rough small block of soapstone from the mine and chiselling the vessel out of it.
- The roughly chiselled containers are then loaded on the spinning platform which is either manually peddled or run using a slow motor (just like a lathe) and with a fine chisel and sand paper the surface is smoothened to the shape of a container vessel.
- Sets thick & tasty curd in 4-5 hours.
- Store salt, tamarind or pickles in it.
- Use as casserole to keep food warm for 3-4 hours.
- No harmful chemicals. Tested for quality.
- This cannot be used on the gas stove and can be used only for the purposes mentioned.
- Use regular cleaning products. Refrain from using steel wired scrubs
- If you are using it for storing pickles, the soapstone containers have to be treated first for few days with castor oil and turmeric to close the pores. Otherwise oil from pickle will leak.
- Curd become tasty.
- Great product. Bough the large one. Sets curd really thick and works beautifully. Have completely moved away from buying curd at home.. thanks to Zishta
- Great product, fantastic for setting curd
Write Your Own Review
You may also like