Solapur (GI Tagged) Terry Hand /Kitchen Towels (Set of 3)
About Zishta Solapur (GI Tagged) Terry Hand /Kitchen Towels (Set of 3)
- Zishta Solapur terry hand and kitchen towels are made of the finest cotton coming from the region whose products were the first to have Geographical Index (GI) status in the state of Maharashtra.
- Zishta Solapur hand towels are conveniently designed for your daily kitchen use, soft and has higher water absorbing properties.
- The development of the handloom weaving industry in Solapur seems to have commenced during the regime of the Peshwas. The Vidarbha region provides the best cotton that is used extensively in the making of Solapuri weaves.
- These Zishta kitchen towels are avilable in multi clour and set of 3 towels per pack.
All our products are handcrafted and this results in each product being unique and slightly different from each other and therefore will have minor variations on dimensions & weight.
- India is land of cotton textiles and Solapur has a tradition of quality handloom weavers since the age of Peshwas.
- Use of cotton towel is an integral part of every traditional household in the sub-continent mainly because of its usability across different climactic conditions.
- The handloom cluster of Solapur are mainly from the current state of Telangana who migrated to Solapur during the Peshwa regime.
- They are the back bone of the growth of handloom in Solapur. The process of making these intricately designed Chadhars starts with the dyeing of the fabric and further weaving.
- The weaving patterns, thread count and thickness of the product is uniformly maintained to provide at-most comfort for the users. Hand loom artisans take 2-3 hours to make one Towel.
- Solapuri cotton weaving (GI Status) are unique handloom crafted furnishing products that have been part of many traditional households for generations .
- Made of high quality 100% cotton, these weaves have a unique quality for maximum water absorption .
- The Solapur hand loom/ power loom towels are crafted with care to provide maximum comfort to your skin which scrubbing.
- It takes 2-3 hours to weave one towel.
- Pure Cotton towels are crafted to last for at least 7-8 years and with proper care it can last for more than a decade.
- Color might run for the first few times. Please wash it separately.
- Pure Cotton towels are to be soaked and washed before using it for the first time to improve their water absorption capacity.
- Machine wash under gentle mode is recommended .
- Use regular washing liquid soaps and fabric softner .
- Dry it in the sun post wash.