Traditional Design Morah (Mudda), Bamboo Natural Finish
- Cane and bamboo have remained inseparable parts of life in Assam.
- Grown in abundance here and hence most of the household articles in the homes of Assamese are made of cane and bamboo.
- History of cane in India is traced back to 2nd Century AD.
- In Assam, cane is associated with a lot of religious significance.
- Mentions about flourishing cane craft of Assam have been obtained from as early as 7th Century AD. "Harshacharitra" has evidences of production and use of cane articles.
- It is practiced even today by a wide range of community.
- Production of the furniture and other products using cane in Assam of artistic value calls for a high degree of skill.
- The cut bamboo strips are boiled for almost a day. It is then dried, stripped smooth, smoothened and laminated.
- Once panels are ready, they are assembled to make several products.
- The cane from Assam is thicker, stronger and durable.
- They are best for Seating, Foot stool for home, indoor, outdoor, picnic, garden, kitchen, worship place etc.
- They can be used for regular sitting purposes.
- Keep away from Fire
- DO not stand on it.
- Keep it away from prolonged exposure to direct sunlight
- Do not let it soak in water.
Write Your Own Review
You May Also Like