Traditional Sengottai Iron Dosa Kallu (Tawa)
Traditional Sengottai Tawa
- Traditional use of Iron and cast iron dates back many centuries .
- Age old cooking used cow dung or wood fire as fuel for cooking and cast Iron provided the most effective medium to retain heat and cook food evenly.
- Authentic hand made pure iron products are made heavy and thick to help in better cooking process as Indian cuisine involves steady and long duration slow cooking.
- Sheer muscle power, effective coordination and precise movements are key ingredients in making a perfect cookware.
- The team starts work early in the morning at sunrise and continue to toil till noon.
- A thick circular sheet of iron is first heated in the charcoal furnace made in the ground and then a group of artisans beat the sheet to remove all impurities .
- The end result is a hand beaten iron surface that lasts generations!
- Help to increase haemoglobin count and thereby reduces incidence of anaemia
- Iron metals last for several generations
- Food cooks evenly due to high heat emissivity
- No harmful metals or chemicals. Tested for quality.
- Wash well before first use
- This pure iron tawa is pre-seasoned with husk and gingely oil. Even then, it is worthwhile to heat the tawa till it is hot, apply oil on the surface, rub a piece of onion all over and then allow it to cool.
- Wash it and it is ready to use
- Do not soak in water for long before wash
- If the cookware is not used for long, we recommend that you apply a coating of cooking oil and store it to prevent surface rusting.
Write Your Own Review