ZSO2: Clay water Jug (Medium) and Bottle Combo
(Incl. of all taxes)
Out of stock
- Traditionally clay has been the best source of water storage in excessively hot regions of the country. The pores in clay help in maintaining water and other liquids in correct temperatures that satisfy the thirst effectively.
- Traditional knowledge shows that clay has unique property to help in removing toxins and maintains the PH balance of water.
- The artisans follow the traditional technique honed over ten generations working on clay from the Cauvery river delta region. These last generation artisans live as a community and work together to retain what is left of their tradition.
- The only mechanisation that has happened till date is the motorised rotation of the wheel. Everything they do is rustic and authentic: from mixing the clay, hand-moulding the earthen ware following the traditional way of baking the earthen pots under heaps of leaves covered with clay.
- When we explore the depth of their artistic skills, we tend to appreciate the effort and value of their work.
- Zishta earthen pots are unglazed which means that the natural property of the clay is retained and no chemicals are added.
- Good quality earthen pots add taste to water. The porous nature of clay allows and it being alkaline in nature maintains the PH balance of water in unglazed earthen pot
- Clay adds important nutrients like Calcium, Phosphorous, Iron, Magnesium etc.
- They are breakable products: Please handle with care!
- Soak the clay pot in water overnight and dry in normally or under the sun before first use.
- Clay tends to sweat a lot in the first week of usage. This indicates that it is no glazed and is pure. This is how clay cools the water inside.
- Use a small plate / container to place the earthen pot to collect the seeping water. This reduces with usage and becomes minimal over 2-3 weeks
- Use regular cleaning products. Refrain using steel wired scrubs for cleaning.
- Best way to clean clay is to wash it with water and then keep it under sun for 30 minutes
Write Your Own Review
You may also like