Brass Idli Pathram/ Cooker/Steamer (Natural , Antique Finish)
₹5,250.00 - ₹6,950.00
- Over centuries it has been observed that Idli was never made in any other traditional cookware other than those made of brass.
- The conical shape of the lid as well as the shape of the vessel accentuates the idli steaming process and cooks the idlis evenly.
- Brass as a metal has the appropriate weight to size ration for steaming and does not allow significant pressure to get build inside the cookware, thereby making the Idlis soft and fluffy.
- In olden days before the design of the complete brass vessel came into existence or as a hack, grand mothers would use very large cast iron kadai (Vanalis) as base and use the brass lid on top to steam idlis.
- The Brass Idli Cooker is handcrafted by a cluster based in Tamil Nadu who have been makig brass and Bronze cookware for over 8-10 generations.
- This cluster continues to make these traditional cookware following the age old technique of hand beating the plates as well as charcoal based heating to do the tin lining.
- Brass Idli Cooker has immense value in a home looking at use of traditional cookware for making the best Idlis.
- Brass is easier to maintain and this vessel makes very light idlis that are easy to digest and not very heavy on your stomach.
- Cooks in 10 minutes - one of the best and fastest traditional cookware.
- Wash well before use.
- Wet Muslin cloth has to be placed over the Idli pits before pouring the batter. This will prevent batter from blocking the holes which allows the steam to raise through the batter.
- The Idli vessel has tin coating for the idli plates as will as in the inside of the vessel as brass is not ideal for coming in contact with food. The tin coating wares off with usage and needs refurbishing.
- Use mild detergents for cleaning and do not use wire scrubs.
- use tamarind, lime or vinegar for cleaning the brass vessel once in a while to get back shine.
Write Your Own Review
You May Also Like