Zishta Traditional Brass Annam Kuthu Vilakku (Diya/Lamps)
Your Price: ₹3,300.00 - ₹13,770.00
(Incl. of all taxes)
- Brass usage dates back to thousands of years and have been an integral part of many households till recent years.
- Brass is made in different forms from storage to making lamps.
- Brass is still considered most ideal metal for making traditional lamps across the country.
- Agama Shastra Scriptures have documented the usage of brass for making brass lamps and specific size and shape proportions are established for artisans to follow.
- The artisans of Nachiar Kovil, Tamil Nadu have a long history dating back hundreds of years.
- Their craftsmanship is well known that patrons from across India come here to purchase the lamps .
- The artisans strictly follow the Agama Shashtra, principles laid out with design, methods and shapes for different occasions.
- The size and weight proportions are done to exact measure to provide the right benefit to users.
- The traditional brass lamps consists of the base, stem and the top structure and each part is casted and crafted separately and then screwed together.
- The process starts with sand cast moulding and then working on each part by the artisan to create the final shape.
- The Nagas work is done at the end by a single artisan keeping a design in mind and using a very fine chisel works the design completely by hand
- Brass is a durable metal and can be used for a very long period of time or even get passed on from one generation to another.
- Lighting lamps has significance in improving the quality of life in our homes.
- Oil lamps provide the right kelvin of light temperature that is soothing to eyes and makes your mind more calm.
- Zishta range of Traditional lamps are made of pure brass and oxidisation will lead to dullness of colouring over period of time.
- Do scrub surface with tamarind or ash or combination of both to bring back shine.
- Traditional lamps are heavy and have to be handled carefully .
- Place them on solid flat surface to prevent them from toppling.
Write Your Own Review
You may also like