Brass Spice Box- Large with Tin coating & Plate
(Incl. of all taxes)
(Incl. of all taxes)
Out of stock
- Spice box is an integral part of every Indian cuisine and brass was the preferred alloy for making the same for many centuries.
- Reason for brass being used traditionally is because Zinc which is a metal part of the alloy has immense anti-oxidant properties and helps to preserve the anti-onxidant benefits of all the spices we generally use. Anti-oxidants, as per modern research, helps fight cancer cells in our body.
- The age old spice boxes started with just 5 compartments (thereby the name Anjaraipetti in Tamil) but with more spices being incorporated in our cooking, the box compartments has increased to 7.
- The content of the various compartments varies with region and geography but the essence remains the same, to provide quick access to the spices as and when we do the tadka.
- The traditional Kansara Cluster of Gujarat is age old and have uniquely created an identity for themselves in making some exquisite design.
- They are the foremost artisan cluster who have also explored and innovated the use of brass and bronze for different home and kitchen products
- The Traditional makers use minimal mechanisation and uses exquisite hand craft to bring the outer patterns on the masala box.
- Brass spice box is the preferred alloy for making the spice box as it lasts longer and does not impact the quality of spices stored in them.
- Brass being alkaline by nature, helps in keeping the spices fresh for long.
- Lasts for generations
- No harmful metals or chemicals. Tested for quality.
- The brass spice box is made with kalai (tin coating) hence ideal for storing grounded spices.
- The tin coating will wear off with repeated washing and scrubbing. Please use mild sponge for cleaning.
- When you see the base brass colour in the inside cups - get them recoated.
- Use tamarind or lemon while washing to get back the shine. Refrain from using steel wired scrubs
- Outer box is lacquered to slow down the darkening or oxidisation process.
Write Your Own Review
You may also like