Bronze Mortar & Pestle
₹1,450.00 - ₹2,250.00
- Traditionally bronze mortar & pestle have been an quintessential accessory in every village household.
- Beetle nut consumption is ubiquitous in many traditional homes and is offered part of every family celebrations and auspicious occasions. These bronze mortar & pestles used to play a significant role in crushing these nuts for larger serving.
- The single piece heavy units though traditionally have always been made to the sizes which can be conveniently used by old people for their beetle nut consumption!
- The artisans of Kerala and Tamil Nadu are known for their craftsmanship in making intricate brass and bronze work for temples.
- The same artisans extended their expertise in making these traditional cookware. The artistic process starts with sand cast and moulding of the bronze cookware in specific shapes.
- The volumetric capacity of the vessel determines the thickness and thereby the weight of bronze in the mortar & pestle too.
- The rough mould is later hand worked to give shine. It takes 2-3 days to completely make one mortar & pestle.
- Bronze Mortar & Pestle is a sold single piece unit that has a very long life.
- The pestle is narrow and heavy, its designed to pulverise hard nuts like beetle nut, walnut and the weight helps crush these hard nuts with minimal effort.
- As its a sold metal, unlike granite or soapstone, possibility of powder stone does not happen in them.
- Mild Oxidisation of Bronze is natural and washing them with tamarind or lime will help in bringing back the shine.
- The bronze mortar & pestle are made heavy and can crack if dropped from considerable height.
- Handle them carefully and place them away from children
- Do not store spices, mashed ingredients in bronze for too long in the mortar.
Write Your Own Review