Eeya chombu (Tin vessel) - Adukku Shape
Eeya chombu (Tin vessel)-Adukku
- As per Ayurveda, Vanga Bhasma (prepared using tin and herbs) is beneficial for disorders of the Genito Urinary Tract, improves taste, skin complexion and intelligence, strength and immunity. The same has been documented in modern science too.
- As per modern science, Tin is used to prevent or cure bad breath, dental cavities, sensitive teeth, gingivitis, plaque and hair loss.
- It is used in preventing diabetes, and develops virility and strength.
- A Tin vessel is made of one single sheet of tin with no joints
- Artisan takes an ingot of Tin, heats it repeatedly and beats it to a sheet shape and then starts working on the corners carefully to bring it to the shape of the utensil.
- The artistic skill is to maintain a thicker base and uniform thickness for the sides and the same has to be achieved by repeatedly mild heating and beating of the sheet of tin with a light hammer.
- It takes the artisan anywhere between 6-8 hours to make on vessel depending on the size.
- Unfortunately there are only two artisans left who knows how to make it using pure Tin.
- Eeya chombu (Tin vessel) is traditionally used for making rasam. It's properties gives unique taste and aroma to the Rasam.
- It can also be used to set thick curd.
- Some other extended uses of eeya chombu includes making kheer (Payasam) or boiling milk.
- No harmful metals or chemicals. Tested for quality.
- Fill vessel upto a third of the height and only then keep it on the gas burner. Otherwise the utensil can melt.
- Always keep the burner on simmer or medium flame mode – never use high flame.
- Never use tongs or holders to lift the vessel when still hot – metal tends to deform.
- Tin as a metal has low melting point of 232* C. Do not leave the vessel un-attended in the gas burner.
Write Your Own Review