Eeya chombu (Tin vessel) - Adukku Shape
Your Price: ₹4,550.00 - ₹5,750.00
(Incl. of all taxes)
Eeya chombu (Tin vessel)-Adukku
- As per Ayurveda, Vanga Bhasma (prepared using tin and herbs) is beneficial for disorders of the Genito Urinary Tract, improves taste, skin complexion and intelligence, strength and immunity. The same has been documented in modern science too.
- As per modern science, Tin is used to prevent or cure bad breath, dental cavities, sensitive teeth, gingivitis, plaque and hair loss.
- It is used in preventing diabetes, and develops virility and strength.
- A Tin vessel is made of one single sheet of tin with no joints
- Artisan takes an ingot of Tin, heats it repeatedly and beats it to a sheet shape and then starts working on the corners carefully to bring it to the shape of the utensil.
- The artistic skill is to maintain a thicker base and uniform thickness for the sides and the same has to be achieved by repeatedly mild heating and beating of the sheet of tin with a light hammer.
- It takes the artisan anywhere between 6-8 hours to make on vessel depending on the size.
- Unfortunately there are only two artisans left who knows how to make it using pure Tin.
- Eeya chombu (Tin vessel) is traditionally used for making rasam. It's properties gives unique taste and aroma to the Rasam.
- It can also be used to set thick curd.
- Some other extended uses of eeya chombu includes making kheer (Payasam) or boiling milk.
- No harmful metals or chemicals. Tested for quality.
- Fill vessel upto a third of the height and only then keep it on the gas burner. Otherwise the utensil can melt.
- Always keep the burner on simmer or medium flame mode – never use high flame.
- Never use tongs or holders to lift the vessel when still hot – metal tends to deform.
- Tin as a metal has low melting point of 232* C. Do not leave the vessel un-attended in the gas burner.
- PRIYA RAMESHHave grown up hearing about this. But never had the privilege of having rasam cooked in it. Thankfully, thanks to Team Zishta striving to procure quality stuff from skilled and experienced hands I can say I JUST GOT LUCKY. Never had rasam like this ever before. Definitely the tin reaction has effect. Very satisfying taste and feel. Even though it is expensive, I look at it like an investment for our kitchen and health. Totally worth it. ❤️❤️
- Priya RameshAfter many years of contemplating, with regard to the cost and the quality I finally decided to get myself the famous EEYA CHOMBU. Must admit I was flabbergasted. The taste of rasam is something I can’t find a word in my dictionary to describe . A special aroma and taste to the palate. One can also leave the eeya chombu in the fridge. It is safe. Just ensure the flame is always @lowest. Knowing that you are cooking healthy and in a healthy cookware is so satisfying!! Totally worth the price tag. ESP @ Zishta I have NO WORRIES regarding their QUALITY.
Write Your Own Review
You may also like