Combo Soapstone Kitchen Storage Containers (Maakal) - Set of 2 (Medium or Small)
Soapstone Kitchen Containers (Maakal)-Combo
- The distinct taste and flavour of curd comes from setting it in traditional soapstone vessel: Kalchatti. One more age old traditional vessel passed on for several generations.
- Kalchatti is made of stone (soap stone) from the earth and is designed to retain heat. The natural minerals are imparted and thereby providing the right supplements and nutrition.
- We bring this back from last generation of artisans toiling 16 hours a day to make the best Kalchattis.
- This starts from extracting the rough small block of soapstone from the mine and chiselling the vessel out of it.
- The block of stone is worked for hours to get into a rough shape which is then run on manual lathe to finely shape the containers.
- Once the containers are completed, the lids are worked on meticulously to fit each container.
- Making each container takes hours of work and skill to prevent any damage to the structural integrity of the containers.
- Sets thick & tasty curd in 4-5 hours.
- Store salt, tamarind or pickles in it.
- Use as casserole to keep food warm for 3-4 hours.
- No harmful chemicals. Tested for quality.
- This cannot be used on the gas stove and can be used only for the purposes mentioned.
- Use regular cleaning products. Refrain from using steel wired scrubs
- If you are using it for storing pickles, the soapstone containers have to be treated first for few days with castor oil and turmeric to close the pores. Otherwise oil from pickle will leak.
- We set curd regularly in this. Have noticed the curd setting process has been greatly simplified.. Especially the hardship we had to go through to set curd in cold weather.
Write Your Own Review
You may also like