Combo Soapstone Kitchen Containers (Maakal) - Set of 2 (Medium or Small)
Soapstone Kitchen Containers (Maakal)-Combo
- The distinct taste and flavour of curd comes from setting it in traditional soapstone vessel: Kalchatti. One more age old traditional vessel passed on for several generations.
- Kalchatti is made of stone (soap stone) from the earth and is designed to retain heat. The natural minerals are imparted and thereby providing the right supplements and nutrition.
- We bring this back from last generation of artisans toiling 16 hours a day to make the best Kalchattis.
- This starts from extracting the rough small block of soapstone from the mine and chiselling the vessel out of it.
- The block of stone is worked for hours to get into a rough shape which is then run on manual lathe to finely shape the containers.
- Once the containers are completed, the lids are worked on meticulously to fit each container.
- Making each container takes hours of work and skill to prevent any damage to the structural integrity of the containers.
- Sets thick & tasty curd in 4-5 hours.
- Store salt, tamarind or pickles in it. . Use as casserole to keep food warm for 3-4 hours.
- No harmful chemicals. Tested for quality.
- This cannot be used on the gas stove and can be used only for the purposes mentioned.
- Use regular cleaning products. Refrain from using steel wired scrubs
Write Your Own Review