- Traditional use of Iron and cast iron dates back many centuries .
- Age old cooking used cow dung or wood fire as fuel for cooking and Iron provided the most effective medium to retain heat and cook food evenly .
- Authentic cast iron products are made heavy and thick to help in better cooking process as Indian Cuisine involves steady and long duration slow cooking
- The artisans of Tenkasi have mastered the art of making cast iron over last 150 years.
- The key ingredient into making the best cast iron cookware is the sand cast made of the local river sand .
- The finesse of the sand used helps in making cookware with minimal surface carbon deposition. Sand moulds made in shape of different cookware is first created and molten iron is poured into these moulds and cooled .
- The result is smooth surfaced, low carbon cookware with high density iron making it one of the most durable cast iron cookware
- Help to increase haemoglobin count and thereby reduces incidence of anaemia
- Cast Iron cookware last for several generations and adds value to your sustainable household.
- Food cooks evenly due to high heat emissivity.
- No harmful metals or chemicals. Tested for quality.
- Wash well before first use.
- Zishta cast iron tawa is pre-seasoned with husk, heat and gingely oil. Even then, it is worthwhile to heat the kadai, pour a few spoons of oil, cut onion, fry it all over for 10 minutes in low flame and throw the onion away. If needed, repeat this process to remove the excess surface carbon.
- Wash it and it is ready to use.
- Do not soak in water for long before wash.You can use wire scrubs for cleaning.
- If the tawa is not used for long, we recommend that you apply a coating of cooking oil and store it to prevent surface rusting.
- Worth having it in the kitchen.
Thank you for sharing your feedback and Rating. We would love to be 4-5 rating but we just know that we have to do more to satisfy our customers. We will work towards it. Thank you
Write Your Own Review