Kansa / Bronze Dinner Plate Set (Thali set: Plate, 3 katori, tumbler)
- Kansa usage dates back to thousands of years and have been an integral part of many households till recent years.
- Kansa Basana as it is known traditionally was used in every household across Orissa, MP, Maharashtra and most parts of North India .
- Ayurveda has documented immense health benefits of using kansa vessel in day-to-day food preparation and serving.
- Traditionally it was considered best to have food in kansa plates.
- The artisan cluster located in Orissa has a rich tradition dating back to the days when Puri Jagannath temple was enshrined.
- The process of making starts with making metal ingots with 78% copper and 22% tin mixture. The ingot are then repeatedly heated and beaten by a group of artisans to specific shapes. .
- The finer finishing are done using lighter hammers and then a coating of salt and clay applied to firm up the metal.
- Once cooled, the kansa ware is worked with fine hammers and lathe work to give the shine and finish. It takes 4-5 hours to make one Kansa ware. .
- This highly skilled craft takes years of training and working in extreme temperatures. The artisans generally start work early in the morning around 3 AM and finish before noon as it becomes impossible to work in extreme heat beyond that!
- Kansa dinner plates are used for serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Kansa has immense utility value in improving the quality of food being consumed.
- Kansa is a mixture of 78% Copper and 22% Tin.
- As per Ayurveda, eating food from kansa vessel purifies the food, improves immunity and enhances brain function.
- Easy to recycle thereby enabling a sustainable option. Lasts for generations and reduces carbon footprint
- Kansa dinner set is for serving food.
- Do not place the plate or the katori on the stove.
- Gently wash with mild detergents. Do not use steel scrubber.
- Use normal scrub surface with lime or tamarind to retain or revive the shine.
- The charcoal finish wears off with usage and gets replaced by the metallic shine for the base. .
- The Kansa utensils are finely crafted artwork and needs to be handled with care.
- I live outside india and I ordered this thali set in online and received on time with great packaging. It’s amazing in quality and look. Each item is in good weight which shows the quality. I am extremely happy to get this set. For sure it will pass on to generation to generation.
- Zishtas Quality of the Brass, Bronze n the Copper is very very good.
Don't get the typical greenish or brownish spots.
Very user friendly.
Write Your Own Review