Benefits of cooking in Kalchatti / Soapstone vessel
Soapstone vessels are extensively used for cooking in regular stoves. In India, soapstone has been in use for thousands of years for carving purposes and making cooking pots. Versatility of Kalchatti The best part of soapstone vessel is that one can cook any type of food in it. Indian delicacies like mor kuzhambu (kadi), vatha kuzhambu, regular sambhar, avial, keerai masiyal, molakootu, appam stew, tomato pappu, gothsu, rasam, palak paneer, paneer butter masala, rajma masala, dal makhani, dal tadka, chicken, fish etc. - name the dish and it can be cooked in soapstone. Soapstone cooking vessel can also be used to make rice, biryani & other varieties of flavoured rice. Watch You Tube Video to be surprise by the versatility of this cookware:
Benefits of cooking in Kalchatti What is special about cooking in soapstone vessels? Cooking food in soapstone vessels has immense benefits for our health as well as for improving the taste of our food. Yogic & modern science say that food should not be over cooked, nor re-heated & to be consumed warm. Kalchatti is one such vessels which enables all the above.
- Health benefits: They release calcium & magnesium to food which are essential minerals for our body. It retains 98% nutrients of the food cooked in it.
- Saving of fuel & cooking time: Kalchatti cooks food in 15% lesser time than modern cookware. It continues to cook for 5 minutes after the stove is switched off. It saves fuel as well as saves time of cooking.
- Never to re-heat food: The vessel keeps food warm for 3-4 hours after cooking.
- Taste & aroma: The taste of food enhances & the difference is quite visible. The aroma of the food cooking in it cannot be explained in words.
- Acidic food: One of the best vessels to cook acidic food, resistant to acids & alkalis.
- They are known to kill harmful germs.
- Soapstone heats & cooks food evenly.
- Safe: They are natural, from the earth, with no harmful chemicals.
- Memories shared by generation who are 70+ mention that food cooked in it does not get spoilt for the entire day. Hence refrigeration is not required.