Key benefits of brass
- This natural un-polished antique version is completely natural with no polish. Generally post the tin lining process, the copper metal shines out and its re-polished to get the brass shine.
- This natural variation is for those who believe in looking for an antique finish to this traditional idli cooker!
- Soft, fluffy, light Idlis is a dream breakfast for many South Indan homes where generally the softness is compared to the Jasmine flowers.
- Following the history of making the best and fluffy Idlis, we travelled to the interiors of Tamil Nadu in search of the most appropriate cookware for the same.
- Our research took us to the traditional brass Idli makers of rural Tamil Nadu, a hidden gem which took us three long years to find.
- This amazing cluster recrafts and infuses new lease of life into these old Idli Pathrams made using the best quality brass.
- Brass is the metal with critical weight to size ratio that builds the right amount of steam pressure to make mouth water idlis in exactly 10 minutes.
- The holes in the idli plates also enable steam to pass through the batter effectively thereby cooking it all the way through at shortest possible time.
- Idli plates and inside of the vessel is tin coated which would need refurbishing every couple of years depending on usage.