Utility and Life of Clay Cookware
- Be it varieties of south Indian dishes like mor kuzhambu, vatha kuzhambu, kara kuzhambu, milagu kuzhambu, regular sambhar, avial, keerai masiyal, molakootu, vegetable kootu, tomato pappu, gothsu, rasam etc
- Or be it north Indian dishes like Palak paneer, paneer butter masala, rajma masala, dal makhani, dal tadka, biryani, aloo masala, kadi etc.
- Or several types of non-vegetarian food including fish and chicken and more.
Care should be taken before buying the clayware and must be seasoned properly before using it. Once you have a properly seasoned clayware, it will yield amazing benefits.
Benefits of cooking in clay ware
When should you change your clay cookware?
Clay cookware needs to be changed once in 1-3 years depending on the extent of usage as clay loses its properties.
How do you know that it is time to change your clay cookware?
Here are some ways:
- If clay cookware starts to have minor leakages, or if food starts to get burnt it means that there is a crack developed due to usage.
- The enhancement of taste & aroma becomes obviously less and it is time to change the clay.