Vengala Paruppu Uruli - Bronze Pot (With Tin Coating)
₹3,900.00 - ₹6,300.00
Paruppu Uruli with Kalai
- Bronze as an alloy has been used for making cookware for many centuries.
- Paruppu Uruli is a variation of the traditional vengala panai designed with a wider mouth to ebable gravy cooking. This comes either with tin coating or without tin coating depending the style of cooking.
- Over the years, our ancestors had developed techniques to make cooking vessels using five metals which were supposed to provide immense health benefits. Makers of such cookware no longer exist and we have lost a significant part of our traditions to histroy.
- Age old traditions use small gaps filled with Tin metal within the inner surface of the vessel to help in better conduction as well as maintaining the food warm for hours together.
- The artisans of Kerala and Tamil Nadu are known for their craftsmanship in making intricate brass and bronze work for temples.
- The same artisans extended their expertise in making these traditional cookware. The artistic process starts with sand cast and moulding of the bronze cookware in specific shapes.
- The volumetric capacity of the vessel determines the thickness and thereby the weight of bronze in the vessel too.
- The rough mould is later hand worked to give shine. It takes 7-8 days to make one utensil.
- Bronze is a durable metal and can be used for a very long period of time or even passed on from one generation to another.
- Vengala Panai with its high heat carrying capacity helps in uniform cooking, prevents nutrition loss and keeps food warm for hours after cooking in them.
- Open cooking of rice in vengala panai and draining the excess water helps in removing pesticide impurities and excess starch thereby making it ideal for a healthy living.
- Traditional Paruppu Uruli is made of 70% Copper and 30% Tin and can be used for all types of non-acidic based cooking (without tamarind and lime). As this cookware comes with tin coating, you can use it for all acidic food items cooking as well.
- Zishta Bronze Paruppu Uruli is made of pure bronze and mild oxidisation will lead to dullness of colouring over period of time .
- Scrub the utensil with tamarind or ash or combination of both to revive shine . Do not use harsh scrubs for inside part as the tin coating could wear off faster. Please wash with mild scrubs for inner surface
- It is made heavy and needs to be handled with care .
- Retains heat for long, use cloth or mittens to handle the same after cooking.
Write Your Own Review