Seasoning and Maintenance of Iron and Cast Iron Cookware
How to season an Iron Tawa?
- Step 1: Wash the Tawa well. Then soak the Tawa in starch water for 8 hours. This step is optional as it depends on the quality of the tawa.
- Step 2: Wash it again, wipe it dry and apply a coating of cooking oil. Tawa is ready to be used.
- Step 1: Wash the cookware well and immerse in starch water for a day
- Step 2: Once dry, apply a mixture of castor oil and turmeric all over the vessel & leave it aside for a day.
- Step 3: Wash well & dry it. Keep it on the stove. Pour 5-6 spoons of oil & fry small onions in low flame for 5 – 10 minutes. Then throw the onions. Wash the cookware and it is ready to use.
Check this video below from our youtube channel on the seasoning of Cast Iron Cookware
maintain Iron & cast iron cookware?
- Clean it after use with regular dishwashing liquid or soap & regular scrubber.
- After cleaning, wipe it dry.
- If the cookware will not be used for more than a week or two, apply a coating of cooking oil.
- Cast iron gets better with usage.