Brass Cooking Pot: Sarva Kadai
|Sarva Size||Weight (Kg)||Capacity (Litres)||Diameter In CM||Height In CM|
DISCLAIMERAll our products are handcrafted and this results in each product being unique and slightly different from each other and therefore will have minor variations on dimensions & weight.
- Brass Sarva kadai shaped cooking pot is a great alternative light weight traditional cookware for your daily curries and thick gravies.
- Sarva shaped brass cookware is typically wide mouth with a wider rim to cook vegetables, curries that generally form part of daily diet.
- Traditional knowledge dictates that brass (Alloy of Copper and Zinc) has to be used only with a tin coating for our acidic form of cooking.
- The benefits of brass is to preserve the anti-oxidants of the food cooked in them.
- Brass although light -weight also helps in preserving more than 90% of nutrition of food cooked in them.
- The coating (Kalai) is done using pure tin by the traditional clusters of Tamil Nadu
- Our Journey took us to the traditional clusters of Tamil Nadu who have been making these exquisite brass cookware for over last 8-10 generations.