Brass Doodhwala Patila (Topia-Chatti-Bhagona-Pots)
Save up to 28% Save %
MRP. Rs. 2,500
Original price MRP. Rs. 3,135 - Original price Onwards
Original price MRP. Rs. 3,135
Rs. 2,500 Onwards
Current price MRP. Rs. 2,500
|Size||Weight (Kg)||Diameter In CM||Height In CM||Capacity (Ltrs)|
DISCLAIMERAll our products are handcrafted and this results in each product being unique and slightly different from each other and therefore will have minor variations on dimensions & weight.
- The Patila / Topia is a traditional utensil with flat bottom and straight sides. It is used for boiling water, milk, making tea, preparing chicken gravies, lentils or daals, rice pudding or kheer, rasam or sambhar and several gravy dishes.
- Brass also helps in preserving more than 90% of nutrition of food cooked in them. Brass also retains heat and keep food warm for a couple of hours.
- Food cooked in a Patila have a unique flavour and aroma.
- Our journey to rejuvenate crafts of India took us to a village near Amritsar.
- The thatheras near Amritsar are known for their traditional brass and copper craft of utensil making. This craft has been included in the UNSECO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
- From 400 families who used to practice this craft, the number has dwindled to a meagre 15.
- Note: Tin coating wears off with use, re-coating has to be done once the metal finish is visible. The lid provides is not for airtight closure.