Traditional Brass Kuthu Vilakku (lamp): Ega Vilakku
Save 9% Save %
MRP. Rs. 4,990
Original price MRP. Rs. 5,489 - Original price Onwards
Original price MRP. Rs. 5,489
Rs. 4,990 Onwards
Current price MRP. Rs. 4,990
|Weight (Kg)||Height In CM|
36.8 - 38.1
DISCLAIMERAll our products are handcrafted and this results in each product being unique and slightly different from each other and therefore will have minor variations on dimensions & weight.
- Ega vilakku from Zishta is a unique design brass lamp with space for a single wick to light the lamp. The mast head of the lamp is decorated with hand crafted artistic image of Ganesha or Lakshmi.
- Traditionally ega vilakku is used extensively in weddings, festivals, auspicious occasions and celebrations where the lamps are to be lit for the entire duration of the festival/celebrations.
- Ega vilakku has higher oil carrying capacity and with only one wick, the lamp glows for hours without oil refill.
- The intricate nagasu design is a fine detailing done over the lamp and is completely made by hand.
- Zishta works with the traditional artisans of rural Tamil Nadu who hand craft the design following the age old agama scriptures as mentioned in the vedas for design and sizes.
- The traditional artisans are known for their artistic and aesthetic work in brass lamp work for more than 10 generations.
- These are made to order Products. Our artisans will handcraft them within 10-15 days of order placement and ship the same.