Rajdhani Elephant Howdah
DISCLAIMERAll our products are handcrafted and this results in each product being unique and slightly different from each other and therefore will have minor variations on dimensions & weight.
- An amazing hand-carved Indian royal elephant howdah / ambari. This intricately hand-carved master piece is a unique traditional toy and is loved by craft collectors. It depicts the royal elephant in a procession carrying the king, protected by his soldier and controlled by the mahout. The combination of bright colours red, green and yellow makes it a visual treat. The elephant howdah / ambari is a great addition to your navrathri golu / bomma koluvu. Children would love these dasara dolls which is a traditional toy from Varanasi.
- Varanasi toy making is a genealogical craft passed down the families. The toys are a ritual and beyond decor significance. This intricately hand chiselled and hand carved craft is made from Goolar wood and is GI tagged. Colours run as wild as the imagination of the craftsmen.
- Many of the craftsmen believe that the craft dates back to 7000 years.
- The craft is labour intensive and requires mastery of the lathe, meticulous attention to detail and expertise to carve intricate designs.
- A widely adored handicraft and pride of possession, help keep our traditions alive and restore the glory of this centuries-old craft!
- Height: 18 cm, Width: 14 cm Weight: 160 gm
- It has multiple parts stuck with adhesives and may detach from the set if not handled with care. Some of the toys in our collection may not be suitable for children under 5 years. Read instructions carefully. We do not accept returns or exchanges for products listed in this category.